“Our mission is to provide the highest quality of physical therapy to help people feel their best at home, work, and play.”
Physical Therapy Treatment Options
Serving Portland OR | Vancouver WA
Whether you’ve suffered a sports injury, whiplash, or just have a nagging pain, there are a wide range of physical therapy treatment options to help you regain strength and mobility.
- Treat every individual with compassion and respect.
- Create a safe and nurturing healing environment.
- Use therapeutic programs customized for the individual.
- Partner with patients to engage, educate, and empower them about their physical health issues.
- Use current evidence-based treatment methods to evaluate whole body systems and improve patients’ physical health.
- Support staff excellence through education, training, and professional development programs.
- Serve as education leaders in the physical therapy community.
- Engage in collaborative relationships with other healthcare providers.
- Act as a socially and environmentally responsible community member.
New Heights Physical Therapy Plus provides you with a superior level of physical therapy.
1. Comprehensive Evaluations
A cornerstone of effective physical therapy and a successful treatment program is an accurate and thorough diagnosis of the health issue. Our therapists complete comprehensive evaluations to get to the bottom of your health problem.
2. Controlled Resistance Therapy (S.T.E.P.)
Controlled resistance therapy uses very precise resistance movements to shorten your healing process as it protects injured tissue. It also gives you a more complete healing of your injury, which reduces the risk of developing scar tissue or having a re-injury. This advanced therapy is called S.T.E.P. (Scientific Therapeutic Exercise Progression). In addition to preventing re-injury, S.T.E.P. is also valuable for osteoporosis prevention.
3. Holistic Approach to Your Health Care
Your body works as an integrated whole, not an aggregation of separate parts. Even if only one part is injured, your whole body is affected. We have found that you will achieve better results if we go beyond treating only the injured part.
4. Extensive Education & Experience
Education, training, and clinical experience are vital components of effective physical therapy treatment. The New Heights staff has unparalleled education and experience.
5. Pilates Classes
Your injury recovery program may include manual therapy, therapeutic massage, exercise, and microcurrent therapy. We don’t stop there. Our goal is to help your entire body regain its former grace, posture, strength and flexibility. To this end, we provide onsite Pilates classes taught by professional instructors.
6. At-home Programs
As your treatment progresses, you may have the option of doing some of your therapy and exercises at home. We provide the equipment and instructions you need to conveniently continue and complete your therapy in the comfort of your own home.
7. Our Therapists Teach and Conduct Research
At New Heights, many of our physical therapists conduct research and teach. The combination of skills helps them to achieve better, more permanent results with their patients.
8. Pleasant Clinic Environment
We have all had experiences in sterile, unfriendly clinic environments. Here at New Heights, we want our patients to feel comfortable and enjoy coming to our clinic. That is why we make every effort to present a clinic environment that is welcoming and enjoyable.
9. We Are Eco-conscious
Our furniture, floors, and equipment have been chosen to minimize environmental chemical pollution.
Physical Therapy Program – Outline
Your First Visit
- An initial evaluation
- A medical history review
- Depending on your condition, treatment may begin at your first visit.
Your Second Visit
- Your treatment program includes individualized manual therapy techniques to facilitate your healing process. This may include spinal or joint mobilization, neural mobilization, myofascial release, craniosacral mobilization, massage, muscle energy, and ASTYM.
- An individualized exercise program will be designed to address your specific needs.
Your Ongoing Treatment
- The length of your treatment depends on your needs and goals. On average, patients are seen 1-2 visits per week for 4-8 weeks. Certain motor vehicle or work injuries may require more frequent visits or a longer treatment program.
- We have morning and late afternoon appointments available to fit your schedule.
Your Final Visit
- Your joints, muscles, and connective tissue have regained most of their function. Pain is reduced and your tissues feel less vulnerable.
- Throughout your treatment we will build your home maintenance program. This can include an exercise program to ensure that you do not regress (maintaining full function is a life-long process) and self P.T. techniques you have learned. By your final visit, our goal is that you are fully educated about your individualized program.
About New Heights Physical Therapy in Portland OR and Vancouver WA
Seeing Patients in the following Portland and Vancouver areas: