STEP Physical TherapyPhysical Therapy in Portland OR and Vancouver WA
What is S.T.E.P. Therapy (Scientific Therapeutic Exercise Progression)?
Here at New Heights, we use S.T.E.P. Therapy to design your individualized exercise plans. S.T.E.P. is a progression of therapeutic exercises designed to help tissue healing with controlled resistance to your injured area. There is no increase in pain with this exercise program and mindful awareness is encouraged as you participate. We are experts on modifying exercises to help you achieve the desired results, without re-injury. S.T.E.P. can be initiated as early as one day after injury, or applied to chronic, difficult, and hard to heal injuries. S.T.E.P. can be used conveniently at home or a gym.
Benefits to S.T.E.P. Therapy?
- Exercise without increasing pain
- Drainage of inflammatory substances from your injured tissue
- Increases oxygen supply and brings rebuilding nutrients and cells to the injured area
- Repairs and thickens collagen tissue (muscles, tendons, cartilage, discs, and ligaments)
- Helping injured cells resume normal function and cellular repair
- Stabilization of hyper-mobile (unstable) joints
- Increases mobility in hypo-mobile joints
- Increased soft tissue flexibility
- Improved muscular endurance
- Corrects bio-mechanical misalignment’s
<< Back to How We Treat