What is ASTYM™?
Serving Portland OR | Vancouver WA
ASTYM™ is a therapy approach which addresses problems that occur in soft tissues, such as:
These problems may develop as the result of trauma, surgery, or overuse. ASTYM™ is effective for new injuries as well as chronic, nagging conditions. We have certified physical therapists that will use instruments along the surface of the skin to locate these problem areas and initiate the body’s natural healing process.
ASTYM™ is used in settings ranging from therapy clinics to hospitals to industrial rehabilitation. This proven treatment helps countless patients every day. ASTYM™ demonstrates highest success with the integration of exercise to assist tissues with optimal healing.
Ready to schedule an appointment?Leave your information below and we'll contact you as soon as possible.
What can you expect?
- During treatment, you may feel areas that are “rough” or “bumpy.” These are areas of fibrosis/scarring that need to be addressed.
- Over the course of treatment you will notice that as these rough areas smooth out, your pain will decrease and your function will increase.
- Following treatment, you may notice some bruising and soreness to touch in areas that were rough. This indicates controlled micro trauma to these tissues which initiates the natural healing process.
- Typically, treatment is 6 – 12 sessions. However, most patients experience a significant change in their symptoms in the first 3 – 4 visits.
Diagnoses that respond well to ASTYM™:
- Achilles Tendonitis
- Carpal Tunnel Syndrome
- Chronic Ankle Sprains
- Degenerative Arthritis
- DeQuervain’s Tenosynovitis
- Fibrosis from Overuse
- Golfer’s Elbow
- Hamstring Strains
- Hip Pain/Trochanteric Bursitis
- IT Band Syndrome
- Lateral Epicondylitis
- Medial Epicondylitis
- Patellar Tendonitis
- Plantar Fasciitis
- Post-surgical Scarring & Fibrosis
- Shin Splints
- Shoulder Pain
- SI & Low Back Pain
- Tendinopathies (most forms)
- Tennis Elbow
- Trigger Finger
- Wrist Sprains
ASTYM Therapy in Portland OR and Vancouver WA
Seeing Patients in the following Portland and Vancouver areas: