What is Manual Therapy?
Serving Portland OR | Vancouver WA
Manual Therapy is the use of “hands-on” techniques to maximize the body’s own self-healing potential. Manual Therapy is used to diagnose and treat injured or unhealthy tissue.
How Manual Therapy is Different from Physical Therapy?
Manual therapy is a form of physical therapy but differs from conventional physical therapies by identifying the source of dysfunction. Below are a few manual therapy techniques:
- Spinal mobilization/ manipulation
- Peripheral joint mobilization
- Massage and soft tissue mobilization
- Neural mobilization
- Craniosacral mobilization
- Scar remodeling
- Scientific Therapeutic Exercise Progression (STEP Therapy)
This list is not comprehensive. There are many more.
Ready to schedule an appointment?Leave your information below and we'll contact you as soon as possible.
Manual Therapy Physical Therapists
When your physical therapist is a manual therapist it means they have additional years of schooling besides physical therapy school to assist you with your problems. This includes two to four years of post graduate training.
In order to provide the most effective manual therapy, our therapists are trained in comprehensive musculoskeletal evaluations, as well as:
- Biomechanics (movement and motion of parts of the body)
- Histology (the study of tissue)
- Neurophysiology (the study of physiology within the nervous system)
- Traumatology (the study of trauma and it’s effect on healing connective tissue)
- Exercise physiology (the study of exercise to enhance healing)
Manual Therapy in Portland OR and Vancouver WA
Seeing Patients in the following Portland and Vancouver areas: