What You Can ExpectNew Heights Physical Therapy Programs
Personalized Physical Therapy Programs
Our goal is to give you the best physical therapy program possible that is suited to your individual needs.
New Height’s Physical Therapy individually tailors a physical therapy program for your specific needs. The physical therapists in our Portland or Vancouver locations will conduct an initial evaluation of your condition to see how best to proceed with your physical therapy and treatment. Below you can find an outline of how the physical therapy programs at New Heights Physical Therapy Plus work.
Physical Therapy Program – Outline
Your First Visit
- An initial evaluation (learn more here)
- A medical history review
- Depending on your condition, treatment may begin at your first visit.
Your Second Visit
- Your treatment program includes individualized manual therapy techniques to facilitate your healing process. This may include spinal or joint mobilization, neural mobilization, myofascial release, craniosacral mobilization, massage, muscle energy, and ASTYM.
- An individualized exercise program will be designed to address your specific needs.
Your Ongoing Treatment
- The length of your treatment depends on your needs and goals. On average, patients are seen 1-2 visits per week for 4-8 weeks. Certain motor vehicle or work injuries may require more frequent visits or a longer treatment program.
- We have morning and late afternoon appointments available to fit your schedule.
Your Final Visit
- Your joints, muscles, and connective tissue have regained most of their function. Pain is reduced and your tissues feel less vulnerable.
- Throughout your treatment we will build your home maintenance program. This can include an exercise program to ensure that you do not regress (maintaining full function is a life-long process) and self P.T. techniques you have learned. By your final visit, our goal is that you are fully educated about your individualized program.